- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Brilliant Uncirculated (BU)
- Individual coins come in protective packaging. Multiples of 25 are packaged in plastic tubes.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the national shield encompassed by the legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico’s history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Mexican Silver Libertads
The 1 oz Silver Libertad Brilliant Uncirculated coin was first introduced in 1982, and has been produced annually since its introduction. The coins are produced at La Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest mint in North America. Each year of release has varying mintages, typically much lower than other bullion counterparts, which adds to the collectibility of the Libertad series. These Silver coins have been introduced in different sizes and finishes, but the 1 oz Silver Libertad remains a classic choice for investors. The obverse of the coin features Mexico’s coat of arms, with the design updated in 2000 to also picture the historical coats of arms of Mexico. The reverse of the beautiful coin tells the legend of two star-crossed lovers, princess Iztaccíhuatl and warrior Popocatépetl, turned into volcanoes by the Aztec gods so they could finally be together. The Angel of Victory depicted on the reverse was changed in 1996 to show a three-quarter side profile. Coins produced from 1982-1995 show the old angel design.
The Libertads are produced at La Casa de Moneda de Mexico (Mexican Mint), the oldest mint in North America. It is also the national mint of Mexico, first established in 1535. The Bank of Mexico is Mexico’s central bank, and is the Mexican Mint’s largest client, producing circulating coinage and currency for the country, as well as Precious Metal coins. The Mexican Mint is located in Mexico City.
There are no reviews yet.