- Use of our Websites, including mobile websites and applications (“Websites”)
- Attendance at coin shows and other events in which we participate
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our Websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
- Through our authorized service providers
Personal Information We Collect
As described below, Rome Coins may collect or has collected in the preceding 12 months the following categories of personal information (“Personal Information”):
Examples include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other elements
Examples include name, signature, characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, or credit card number.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Examples of this category including identifiable information obtained about you while speaking with our customer service representatives on the telephone.
- Professional or employment-related information
We may add to the categories of Personal Information on which we collect Personal Information. In that case, we will inform you.
Purposes We Collect Your Personal Information
The business or commercial purposes for which we may collect or have collected your Personal Information are listed below.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you purchase a product from us, we will collect your address for shipping purposes or to fulfill our tax collection and reporting obligations.
- To contact you and/or provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To engage in marketing activities, including to help design products and services appropriate for our customers.
- To communicate with you in social media concerning our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, payment, and collections.
- To review, improve, and monitor our Website, applications, online services, and overall client experience, including to provide customization to meet the specific needs, ensure a consistent experience, and to assess trends, interests, and the demands of customers.
- To provide customer service and engage in quality control activities concerning our products and services.
- To engage in testing, research, analysis and product and service development.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations, or other lawful processes.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of us, our employees, our consumers, our information systems, and the public.
We may change or add to the purposes for which we collect Personal Information. In that case, we will inform you and obtain your consent when required by law.
Sources of Personal Information
The categories of sources of Personal Information are described below. The examples provided are for illustration purposes and are not exhaustive.
Examples of when we collect that information include:
- During a Website visit or from a completed form, or when you interact with you at a coin show or other event
- If you submit a request, submit information, or post other digital content through one of our Websites, applications or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook or Twitter
- If you participate in a sweepstake, contest or promotion
- If you request a quote, warranty or other information
- Social media and related services
Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell information.
Using of Your Personal Information On Our Website
As is true of most websites, we gather some Personal Information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, language, internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit page, operating system, and date/time stamp. In addition to the purposes above, we use this Personal Information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Websites, to learn about user behavior on the Websites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. To monitor use of the Websites and improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the use of the Websites through analytics services, such as those provided by Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and Google Display Network (DoubleClick). Examples of this information may include: the number of visitors to the Websites or to sections or pages within the Websites, patterns of traffic flowing through the Websites, length of time spent on the Websites, or in sections or pages of the Websites, the other sites that refer visitors to the Website, the pages of the Websites that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Websites. The data collected may be used to display banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. We also may use this Personal Information in our marketing and advertising services.
The Websites may use social media plugins (e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Websites the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Websites if you are logged into the social media website (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) while browsing our Websites, the social plugins allow that social media website to share data about your activities on our Websites with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. We do not control any of the content form the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data/information sharing statements/policies.
IMPORTANT: By using the Websites, you consent to the processing of any Personal Information provided or collected for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails or other communications by: (i) sending us an e-mail at email@example.com with the word “Remove” as the subject header; (ii) calling us at 706-266-1229. Your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network (DoubleClick) ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Websites. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Website is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests.
Our Websites and Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet and will never knowingly request Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any Personal Information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us and ask to have this Personal Information deleted from our files. If we otherwise obtain knowledge that we have Personal Information about a child under 13 in our files, we will delete that information from our existing files so that it is not in retrievable form.
While we use reasonable measures to protect our Websites and your information, the Internet is never 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot guarantee use of our Websites or mobile applications are 100% secure. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
If you have additional questions you may call us at 706-266-1229 or reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: February 1st, 2021