The American Gold Eagle, launched in 1986, is among the world’s best-selling Gold bullion coins. These 1/10 oz coins offer an attractive entry point to this series or Gold investing in general.
- Contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left.
- The Type 1 reverse, used from 1986-2021, shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young. The Type 2 reverse, introduced in 2021, shows a bold close-up portrait of an eagle.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Fractional Gold Eagles make purchasing America’s most popular Gold bullion coin easy, featuring the same classic design at a lower price point. Add this beautiful 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle to your cart today!
Coins may or may not vary in date and type according to available inventory.
American Gold Eagle Coins
First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series quickly became among the most popular bullion coins in the world. These coins are the first Gold coins backed by the United States government specifically for bullion investment purposes.
They feature artistic patriotic designs, with the obverse being modeled after Saint Gaudens’ design introduced for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907. All American Gold Eagle coins are produced in .9167 fine Gold, with Copper and Silver being added to the Gold content to improve the wear characteristics and improve durability of these coins.
To appeal to a wide variety of collectors and investors, the American Gold Eagles are available in four different sizes, containing 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 oz of fine Gold. All four sizes feature the same iconic design and are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government.